- We now have the Meningitis B vaccine, Bexsero, in stock.
- We have recently recruited a very experienced practice nurse, June Oakley, to increase the vaccine appointment availability which is necessary to manage the great demand for this vaccine.
- For those on the waiting list - we are in the process of contacting those on our waiting list If you have yet to hear from us then please feel free to contact us by phone or email.
- If you are not on the waiting list but are interested in the Meningitis B vaccination then please contact us by phone or email.
For your further information about Bexsero - the vaccination currently costs £140 per dose at the practice (the high cost is related to the fact that it is a relatively new vaccination which is being produced by one manufacturer who are setting their prices high). The vaccination schedule varies according to the age of the child: -
- 6 - 11 months old: 2 doses 2 months apart, booster at least 2 months after the primary series in the 2nd year of life.
- 12-23 months old: 2 doses 2 months apart, booster 12-23 months after the primary series
- 2 - 10 years old: 2 doses 2 months apart
- Over 11 years old: 2 doses 1 month apart.
Our vaccinations are either given by one of our GPs, or our very experienced Practice Nurse.
During the vaccination appointment the clinician will fully explain all the details and possible side effects of the vaccination, and there is time to ask any questions that you may have. There is no additional charge for this service, or vaccine administration fee, so you will only pay the quoted cost per dose of the vaccine. We also include any follow up advice that is necessary should you be concerned about any post-vaccination reaction.